It’s finally Fall! There’s a chill in the air (maybe not here, but somewhere) and NWA natives are gearing up for spooky season! There’s no shortage of fun fall events in Northwest Arkansas to last you until Thanksgiving! Whether you’re looking for a fair, festival, or a haunted house, there’s something for everyone to enjoy at these upcoming events!
Maybe it’s just us, but October is basically synonymous with pumpkin patches and jack-o-lanterns. First sparking popularity in the 1920’s, visiting pumpkin patches became a fall fan favorite for many Americans. Gaining favor as well are corn mazes. If you’re looking for a pumpkin patch or corn maze in or near NWA, you’re in luck! There are several farms, churches and other vendors who offer both as well as a plethora of other fun activities. Here’s a list of many of the “pumpkins & more” events happening locally this year.
- Harvest of Hope (Oct. 31) @ Key Point Church (Fayetteville)
- Ozark Corn Maze (Fayetteville)
- McGarrah Farms (Pea Ridge)
- In The Pines Pumpkin Patch (Hindsville)
- Exeter Corn Maze (Exeter, MO)
- Farmland Adventures (Springdale)
- Dickey Farms (Springdale)
- Regan Family Farm (Fayetteville)
Costumes and candy, name a better duo! The pinnacle of Spooky Season is no doubt trick or treating on Halloween night! Many local organizations are excited to host a trunk or treat or similar event and create a safe place for local youngsters to show off their costumes. Check out the list below!
- Walk-Through Trunk of Treat @ Goldfish Swim School (Oct. 16th) – Rogers
- Tontitown Annual Trick or Treat in the Park (Oct. 30)
- Lowell PD/FD Truck or Treat (Oct. 31st)
- Drive-Thru Trunk-or-Treat at Everest Rehabilitation Hospital of NWA (Oct. 28th) – Rogers
- Trunk or Treat at the Bentonville Square (Oct. 30th)
- Costumes, Candy, and Cops Carnival at the Benton County Fairgrounds (Oct. 29th)
Maybe we’re biased, but NWA craft fairs are some of the best in the country. Discover one-of-a-kind artwork and handmade goods supplied by local vendors and artists. There’s no limit to what you might find at a local craft fair; from soaps, quilts, jewelry, and fine art, the possibilities are endless! Check out all the craft fairs happening this fall in our area!
- It’s Fall Y’all Craft Fair (Oct. 15th and 17th) – Bentonville * check dates make sure it isn’t included if there isn’t a later date also
- Spanker Creek Farm Arts & Crafts Fair (Oct. 13-17th) – Bentonville
- Fayetteville Ozark Regional Arts & Crafts Fair – Fayetteville
- Frisco Station Mall Arts & Crafts Fair (Oct. 14-17th) – Rogers
- Ozark Reginal Arts & Crafts Festival (Oct. 15-16th) – Springdale
- Downtown Springdale Art Walk (Oct. 28th & Nov. 27th) – Springdale
- War Eagle Mill Fall Arts & Crafts Fair (Oct. 14-17th) – Rogers
Get your spook on! There are haunted houses for all ages in every corner of northwest Arkansas from now until October 31st. Whether you’re a little goul or a seasoned scare master, there is something for every stage of haunted-house-goer. Check out all the haunted houses and scare-fests happening near you this October!
- Stages of Fear Haunted House (Rogers)
- The Asylum Haunted House (Cave Springs)
- Nightmares Haunted House! Phantom 13 Bus Ride (Bentonville)
- Banshee Manor Haunted House (Fayetteville)
- Warehouse of Fear (Siloam Springs)
- Carpenter’s Mortuary Spook House (Gentry)
- Haunted Eureka Springs (Eureka Springs)
Other fun fall events in NWA!
- OZ Kids Fat Tire Criterium and Fall Fest (Oct. 23)
- Ozarktober Brews & Tunes (Oct. 16th)
- Summit Fall Carnival (Oct. 17th)
- Ozark Folk Festival (Nov. 11-14th)
- Check out Rick’s Bakery & Eden’s Flower Truck for throughout the season for fun fall classes!
- Haunted Halloween Boogie Bash (Oct. 30)
- Fall Foliage on The Devil’s Den Trail (Oct. 28th)
- Crescent Hotel Events!
- “Music Under the Crescent Moon” (evening lawn concert series)
- Crescent Hotel Fall Fest
- Oktoberfest Craft Beer Tasting
- War Eagle Breakfast Buffet
- “Shot of the Day” Red Ryder BB Gun
- Campout with Kids (Campfire songs, ghost stories, smores, more)
- Fall Farmers Market Tour
- 360* fall foliage Private access to the roof
- Fall Family Photo Op