Warmer weather is upon us! As we gear up for what is sure to be another hot summer in Arkansas, many are taking advantage of the milder days and enjoying some time outdoors. A peak around your yard may have even sparked the idea of pulling that lawnmower out of the back of your garage. Lawns all over NWA have begun to sprout more green, and your turf is probably not the only foliage with restored life. If your shrubs and flowerbeds have been overlooked in the winter months, you’re not alone! We’ve gathered some tips on how to easily tame and maintain your landscaping and up your curb appeal, check it out below.
- Add fresh mulch around bushes and flowerbeds. Whether you decide on red, black, or brown, choose a color that complements the greenery and your home’s exterior. Remember, the right amount of mulch will discourage weeds, but too much will do just the opposite. If you’re unsure on the amount you need, make sure to consult the experts at your local home improvement store or nursery.
- Prune your shrubs to a manageable size. Make sure to remove any dead or damaged stems and cut back the leaves to give your landscaping a crisp and clean look.
- Add a flagstone wall around your flowerbeds. This is a relatively cost efficient project that can potentially add to your curb appeal in a big way. Consult a landscaping professional before choosing your stone and installation.
- Add potted plants near your home’s entrance. This is also a cheap and easy upgrade that can do wonders for your exterior. Choose low maintenance plants and pots that are built to last.
- Supplement your newly touched up flowerbeds with solar lighting. Solar lanterns will charge in the sunlight and also require no wiring. They come in a variety of colors and designs to fit any budget or style. Solar lights are an economical and simple solution that can give your landscape an extra pop, day or night.
- Add fresh, complimentary flowers around shrubs and along walkways. Give your vibrant green another pop of color with annuals such as impatiens, pansies, or dahlias. Find the right flower for your needs at your local nursery.
If you’re thinking of selling your home, take note of these helpful tips to set your listing apart from the competition. Not sure where to start with the listing process? Give us a call in Fayetteville at 479-521-6611 or in Rogers at 479-636-2200 to connect with an agent who can help!